How to Search the Directory
Searching the directory can be faster than browsing, especially if you have a specific agency or organisation in mind. To search, enter some information into a few boxes.
Entering information into more than one box means that all that information must be found in the agency's details in this directory. E.g. entering "Anglicare" into the Agency name box finds a list of Agencies from different suburbs of Sydney, adding "Liverpool" to the Location box, just finds those Anglicare facilities within Liverpool.
Here is a list of information that you can put in the boxes
- Agency Name: If you know the name of the organisation, enter the name, or part of it here. E.g. if you type in the word "Disability" you will get every organisation with the word Disability in its name.
- Acronym: If you know an organisation by the initials of its name, you can type them in this box. E.g. "DSW" will produce every directory entry for Disability South West.
- Category: If you know which category the agency is in, or if you wish to only search a particular category then you can select it from the drop down list.
- Recreation Category: If you are searching for something within the recreation category, you can select the sub-category from the dropdown box. WARNING if you select a sub-category with any category other than recreation you will not find any agencies.
- Suburb: If you are looking for an agency in a particular suburb then you can type the suburb in here.
If your search find more than 20 agencies then the list will be shown on more than one page. Go to the bottom of the page, if you are not on the last page there are links to go to the next page and the last page. If you are not on the first page there are links to go to the previous page and the first page.
One you have found the agency that you want, or if you want to know more information about an agency go to the last column, called "Details" and click on the View link.